Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Got Mail!!

Dear Mom and Dad, my Awesome Bros. and Sis. of mine, and Family in Tahiti

I'm doing great here in Kentucky, we arrived at the airport and the first thing we do once we found the Mission Pres. was to give a Book of Mormon in order to get our luggage, That was our first experience as real missionaries, now I can say I had the experience. So after that we went to the mission home, there was 19 of us. I know that's a lot of us.
The mission home was so nice, Kentucky style home, there was like boarding rooms downstairs and pianos and stuff, it was nice. There wasn't enough room so I slept with four other people in sleeping bags,, anyways we got briefed on stuff and had dinner. Then we had devotional down stairs with the mission Pres. ,his councilors and the AP's an two other missionaries who were going home in two days. We all bore our testimonies. I said one of my main reasons why I'm a missionary is to be a good example for my siblings...after we bore our testimonies we went to bed. The next day we went to the stake center in Louisville to get our new companion.
My companion is Elder Rhoton, he's a track/cross country runner like me, we got along great. We said goodbye to all the missionaries that were leaving home in two days. It was awesome. I got Kaity's blanket at the office there. Then we took pictures with the Mission Pres., you should be getting the pictures soon. Then I said bye to my MTC buds and we went off to our area. My first area is in the Tates Creek, Lexington area West side. Oh by the way, the weather here has been amazingly nice, tons of green all over, it's ridiculous, and the horse ranches here are sooo huge and look sooo nice and expensive. The grass here has like calcium in it which is good for horse and is only grown here. I'm staying in a members home, the Krebb's Family, they're awesome. We then went to go see if I should buy a bike, but I decided to use a used one but we had to fix it up a bit, that took a while, then we went off to going to appointments and I.Q.'s, I was surprisingly pretty open to that, I wasn't afraid to talk to people and we were on bikes, easy to get away from danger. We did that till nine, and we found a good amount of people. It's callled the Great Kentucky Louisville Mission, Gotta Know you Love'M...Anyways that was my first day.
Today Wednesday the 9th by the way, I didn't get the chance to send emails on Monday, but throughout that week I learned sooo much about the mission here and it's been such a humbling experience, all is well and I'm working hard. Everyday we find at least 15 people as potentials, we got kicked out of an apartment place, but we will be back in a week. I experienced my first Kentucky rain storm on Monday, then got rained on yesterday, actually yesterday is what I want to tell you about. It was awesome, none of our appointments were there, and we weren't finding that much, but that morning we got our first referral and we went to check on her and give her a Lamb of God DVD. Right before we gave the lesson, she told us how she was dealing with personal problems and it was tearing her life apart and she was looking for a way out, she used to be a potential investigator a month ago but was dropped, then we got that referral, and that whole day we both were sooo tired and sweating and we wanted to take a break but we kept on going, biking takes a lot out of you, but if we hadn't talked to her we would have missed that opportunity, we set a baptismal date for her and gave her a priesthood blessing. What was also amazing and how our Lord always watches over us, 2 min. after the lesson a storm came in quick and we got rained on, we taught her outside by the way. So she got in and then it rained, the lord has never been so close in my life than he has been on my Mission for me. It's amazing all those experiences that we have everyday that build my testimony and faith in my Savior. There's a lot more I want to say but I don't have time sooo I hope all is well at home and everything is doing good with school and I will be sure to hear from you next week.
I love you guys soooo much and pray for you guys everyday. I pray a lot on the mission. Mom can you tell Kaity that I got her emails and that I sent her a letter yesterday with a tape? I'm so Sad to hear that Bishop isn't doing so well and I will be sure to keep him and his family in my prayers...I hope that he will be alright. Love you all sooo much,....,

Love Elder Todd

No comments: